Sunday, February 14, 2016

Ingredients......

I love my parents more than life. 

But.....

I
Don't
Trust
Them.

They are fabulous cooks.  Both of them.  And almost every time you walk in the door of their house, the smell of something amazing invades you.  But this is what my sister and I know to be true....What you see is not always what you get.  Sites and smells are sometimes deceiving. 

You think you see chicken and dumplings on the stove.  Be careful.  It could be squirrel and dumplings.  You think the beef stew looks delicious.  Is it beef?  Because it could be deer.

Chocolate cake.  Is it REAL chocolate cake?  It may look divine.  BUT it could be chocolate cake made out of black beans with some weird sweetner and cocoa.  I have fallen for this...twice.  Now I know not to dive into any chocolate cake I see without asking extensive questions.  Because my darling mother is not above trying to deceive me. 

This week my mom asked me to try the brownies she made.  I immediately asked "what's the catch".  She starts grinning and says "they are good".  Mmm hmm.  I don't trust her.  And it turns out I'm right not to trust her because they are made with...OKRA.  "Do you know the health benefits of okra??!"  Do I look like I care about the health benefits of okra?  I care about things like biscuits and gravy and pineapple upside down cake.  My mother swore "you can't even taste the okra in them" and "if I hadn't told you, you wouldn't have been able to tell".  Yeah, I tasted okra.  I actually felt like I had okra stuck in my teeth after taking a bite.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I'm all about okra...FRIED.  But not okra brownies.

I hope on this snowy Valentine's Day that you are enjoying real chocolate...no mashed black beans or okra in site. :) 

xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content © All Rights Reserved
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited
Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs | Elements by Manda Bean Designs