Monday, September 8, 2014

Hello Blog Land.......

Hello, Blog Land!  I've missed this place.  Really, I have.  Whether anyone reads my nonsense or not, I still enjoy writing it.  :)

So, what have I been up to for the last....oh, about two years now?  For starters, I'm divorced.  I know people know this.  But I always feel like it is the big fat elephant in the room.  I mean, once you get divorced, I think you actually feel divorced.  I feel like I wear a scarlet letter "D".  Maybe that isn't true for everyone, but it definitely is for me.  I always feel like I should just go ahead and announce it as though I'm confessing a past crime against humanity.

A friend once told me that going through a divorce is like dealing with a death, only much worse because the person/life you are mourning is still there.  I didn't understand it at the time, but boy did she hit the nail on the head!  I find it odd that people assume you are happy to be getting a divorce.  The people that thought I should be rejoicing and having a party where very confusing to me.  I'm not sure what kind of heartless creature is ever excited about a divoce.  I realize everyone has different circumstances.  But I can honestly say I believe it is the worst thing in the world.  And trust me, I NEVER imagined I would find myself living it.  I was married to my very best friend.  That made divorce a whole lot harder.  I lost my husband and my best friend.  He lost his wife and his best friend.  I really am not quite sure how I survived it.....and somedays I'm still not sure how I'm floating through this life.  But I am.  I'm here.  I'm 37 years old and divorced.  And living at home with my parents.  And guess what?  I am happier than I have ever been in my life.  And as for Charlie and I?  We are still great friends.  We talk on the phone.  I call him and vent about stuff.  He calls and talks about the "kids" (the fur babies stayed with him).  I try and be nosy and get into his personal business.  And then he hangs up on me.  Haha!  Hey, I'm still Amy......it's the only way I know how to be!  :)

I'm gonna attempt this blog thing again.  Maybe I can be somewhat steady at it.  I hope to be, anyway.  But I am pretty lazy.....so we shall see. 

One thing before I go........I met god today.  I was walking down the hall at work when a man on a stretcher asked me how my day was going.  We exchanged pleasantries.  Then he said "Don't you know who I am?".  I looked at him but his face wasn't registering so I told him I didn't know him.  And he said, "Well, I'm god.  And If you want to be healthy and have your family never get sick again, come here and let me touch you".  Long story short, "god" touched my hand eight times.  Apparently I am now his "daughter" and a "queen" and rank just under him in authority.  I am definitely not his daughter.  And I am certainly no god.  But a queen?  Funny, because I've always known that........ ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content © All Rights Reserved
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited
Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs | Elements by Manda Bean Designs