Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fighting Gravity.......

It's no secret that I am a great warrior in the battle of the aging process.  If I can get it injected, peeled, plumped, etc., I'm all over it.  Yes, folks, all that money and yet I still look like this.  I know, I know......I am disappointed myself. 

What happened in the middle of the night last night assured me that I will not win the battle of the aging process.  As usual, I will be sharing too much information.  You are used to that, right?  Just a short story....that I should keep to myself....but I both amused and horrified myself so much that I feel compelled to share.  And because I feel sure I am not the only female who has had a similar and equally horrifying experience. 

I awoke about 1:30 this morning with my mouth, tongue and throat as dry as the desert.  It hurt to swallow.  I took a drink of water but that didn't cut it.  So I staggered out of my bed and headed for the kitchen.  When I saw a bottle of Gatorade about one-third full in the refrigerator door, I got excited.  When I realized it was somewhat frozen and very slushy, I was ecstatic.  Just what my dry throat needed.  I started sipping it and crunching the ice (everyone knows I have a strange addiction to ice).  I figured I might as well pee while I was up.....so I wandered into the bathroom, still savoring my icee Gatorade.  When I was finished, I headed back to my room.  I sat on the edge of my bed and kept drinking and munching ice.......and then IT happened.  I got choked on the very, very fine slivers of ice in my Gatorade and began a coughing fit like no other.  And if you think since I had just peed my bladder would be empty, then you'd be wrong.  Because in my fit of choking/coughing, I somehow managed to pee on myself.  And my bed.  Yes, that's right.  I got choked and peed all over myself.  I threw a tantrum when I had to change my sheets and my pj's in the middle of the night in my sleepy state.  But come one, who do you blame for an episode like that?  I had no one to take it out on.  This is one of your evil deeds, Mother Nature. 

When I was lying in bed trying to fall back asleep, all I could think was "what the heck....I haven't even had kids?!"  And it was in that moment that I realized that no amount of Botox or any other agent was going to keep certain things from occurring.  I assumed since I had never had a child that I would never have to worry much with sagging breasts or pissing on myself when I sneezed or having my uterus completely prolapse.  I was wrong.  Painfully wrong.  At least my breasts aren't sagging to my knees.  And my uterus is not residing inside of my vagina.  Yet.  When I was on the elliptical this morning, I kept wondering how much longer I have before all movement causes me to pee on myself.  How much longer before I step on a breast while exercising and pinch a nipple off?  Thank God above for surgical lifts and tucks.  Go ahead and sign me up!  

On my way to work this morning, a brick came flying out of the back of a dump truck and shattered my front windshield.  I noticed my reflexes aren't what they used to be when I ducked (as if that would do any good) about five seconds too late.  So much for the cat-like reflexes of my youth.  But on a happy note, I got an email this afternoon saying there was a sale on Botox.  My appointment is at 4:00 next Monday.  Because I love Botox.  And a girl can never refuse a sale. 

Welcome to age 35, Amy Carpenter.....This is your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content © All Rights Reserved
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited
Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs | Elements by Manda Bean Designs