Sunday, January 10, 2016

Iron Chef....

I am about to do something very, very different.  I am going to post a recipe. 

I used to cook quite a bit.  And I loved to bake at one time.  But when I became a middle-aged adult I outgrew that foolishness.  Now if it requires more than four-five ingredients, it ain't happening.  Probably because I am somewhat lazy when I get off work.  Okay, okay...I am somewhat lazy all the time.  And I'm also a vagabond.  I stay with my parents during the work week and I live in Murray the rest of the time.  It's hard to cook when all of you do is shuffle your belongings from one place to another.   

My relationship with meat is practically non-existent.  I was a vegetarian for 15-20 years.  I do make myself eat some meat now (because I like having energy and hair on my head), but I pretty much refuse to cook it or handle it raw...and I definitely won't deal with anything on a bone.  That is where the boyfriend comes in.  :)

Sweet Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken
Ingredients:
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup lite soy sauce
2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins

Directions:
Add all ingredients to the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. 

That's it.  Easy, huh?  They literally fell apart.  And I'll be honest, I only tasted it; I didn't really make a meal out of it.  Because I saw the chicken raw.  And that did me in.  BUT it was very, very good.  I served it over brown rice.  Complete meal.  It doesn't get any easier.  Plus it made my kitchen smell wonderful. 

You're welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content © All Rights Reserved
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited
Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs | Elements by Manda Bean Designs